Three days of ipad summit (put on by EdTechTeacher) was awesome! One of the best conferences I've attended in the long time. Here are my takeaways.
Keynote take aways:
- With all things tech, first ask “Why?” This was kind of a theme
- It's not about the iPad or apps We have heard that allot
- "There’s no app for good teaching" Tom Daccord
- "How can I put students in creative learning environment?" Was a question on everyone's mind
- "Innovation is a team sport" Doug Kiang
- Consume, Curate, Create and Share This was another theme
What is the most impactful and significant aspect of iPads?
- The iPad simplifies the technology This came up a lot
- iPad as a digital organizer But saving to the cloud is a fundamental change
- It’s not always about the apps It's often about the workflow
- The Camera Roll is King I agree with Beth Holland
- Step back in time with What Was There
- FlipBoards allows you to browse tons of web content as if you were flipping through a newspaper
- Puffin Web Browser allows you to use Flash-based content on the iPad
- Notability allows you take notes and annotate PDF
- iBooks allows you to mark up and highlight text inside of PDF’s or e-textbooks
- Socrative allows you to quickly poll your students. Students can use Student Clicker and PIN code to join your room
- You can use QR Reader to read OR Codes
- You can generate QR Codes for free at this site
- Check out this poster with embedded videos you can red with QR Reader!
- Print Friendly allows you to convert web pages into PDF’s that you can annotate
- iPad X Macbeth interesting integration of an ipad in english classroom
- Haiku Deck allows you to create beautiful slideshows with Creative Commons images automatically
- Create a screencast with photos with FotoBabble
- Create and narrate a series of images with VoiceThread
- Create screencasts with Explain Everything
- NearPod allows you to broadcast and control slideshows on individual iPads
- imovie puts everything you need to tell your story at your fingertips.
- GarageBand turns your iPad into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio
- Experience the power of Visualize with Viz
- The easiest and fastest way to make cartoons on your iPad. Cut anything out of your photos and move it on the screen. PhotoPuppet HD will record everything you do.
- Evernote allows you to share and organize notes
- Google Drive syncs and organizes files from your Google Apps account